Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Wrong Trousers

On the rare occasions I listen to the radio I’m amazed at how much of the music is cookie cutter, unimaginative and just all around bad. It all sounds alike and all the lyrics are the same. So, why is it like this, well because that is what people want? There was a poll that was done concerning music by diacenter.org . The data was complied and two songs were created based on the polls, one that combined the elements most desired in the polls and one that combined the elements least desired. The “most desired” sounded like everything I hear on the radio. I hated every note of it, in contrast I loved the one that combined the least desired elements.

So, I like different stuff I guess. Below is a clip from a band called “The Wrong Trousers”. While the song is a regular top 40 hit, the performance is not. This was shot on the street where these kids had setup shop. They have moved on and now have a recording contract. I think they are great!



No comments:

Post a Comment